Being a female conservative definitely has its perks but it’s not easy. I am outnumbered greatly at my college campus and my job, but here are just a few reasons why I’m a conservative
- I believe in capitalism. The United States was founded as a capitalist nation. Capitalism is freedom. According to Phil Valentine “Anyone who is anticapitalist is, by definition, anti-American. One cannot be simultaneously free and dependent on the government”
- I believe in God.
- I believe in the American dream. Living a well-off life because of hard work. Being able to be successful because of working hard. Take it from Bill Cosby, when he was asked if had been lucky his response was “Yeah, the harder I work, the luckier I get”
- I believe that entrepreneurs deserve to keep every penny they make because they worked hard for it. I believe that entrepreneurs are the reason for the growing economy. They provide opportunities for other people as well as themselves.
- I believe in life. I believe that life starts at conception. I believe that abortion is murder. I believe that EVERYONE’s life is valuable.
- I believe in the Second Amendment. I believe that guns save lives. An armed zone is a safe zone.
- I believe that political correctness is ruining this country. According to Dr. Ben Carson “Political Correctness has thrown a veil of silence over our important discussions.” or “It’s time to grow up and start thinking about what you can fo to contribute to society’s well-being instead of choosing to be a victim of speech..”
- I believe that every American should know America’s history, without it, you won’t be able to recognize the way this country is straying away.
- I believe in immigration, but not illegal immigration. Illegal immigrants take advantage of our jobs, healthcare, education and so much more.
- I believe in the military and war. The military is what protects this country. War is what gave us freedom.
- I believe that things aren’t’ “free” someone is paying for it, WE are paying for it through taxes.
- I believe in a fair tax rate. I think the Founding Fathers would be appalled with how greedy this country is. “What if the top 10 percent of wage earners were no longer there? Two-thirds of the tax revenue would cease to exist.” -Phil Valentine
- I believe that government should be extremely limited. We have allowed the government to become so big that it has taken control of all our lives. The government gets to tell us where we can and can’t pray, the government has even banned Christmas Trees from some public buildings all because of a false statement “the separation of church and state” which isn’t even in the Constitution! The government has found ways to control every aspect of our lives, even if it’s based on lies.
- I believe that health care should remain privatized
- I believe in the Constitution