On Sunday, December 17, I was on my way to West Palm Beach, Florida for a work conference (SAS by Turning Point USA) my flights went from BNA > ATL > PBI. However, my flight never made it to PBI. I made it into ATL around 11am and my next flight was due to take off around 1:30pm. I was so excited to be able to work this conference so I was very anxious to head to Palm Beach. Next thing I knew, 15 minutes before boarding the lights went out, completely black. It was raining so many of us assumed that maybe the rain/storm knocked the power out and airport employees assured us that our flight would be on its way soon. Two hours passed… still no sign of regaining power and none of the employees had information on what was going on. There was hardly any cell service and people’s phones were dying due to the fact that we couldn’t charge our phones. Restaurants had shut down and there was no running water so going to the bathroom was a difficult task. I had been calling and texting my parents constantly to see if they had any updates since we didn’t have service. I received a call from my mother saying this was a huge breaking news story that the ATL airport was experiencing a blackout. Thankfully I was with a friend/co-worker so that eased my anxiety a little bit. 2 more hours passed and the sun starting setting and still no information on what was going on. Our flight kept getting pushed back every 30 minutes. Then the smoke emerged. There was an electrical fire in the basement that had caused the power outage and the fire had reached one of the trams.The fire alarms were going off for hours which drove all of us insane. As it started becoming pitch black outside it became eerier inside. Planes were lined up on the tarmac. Passengers were stuck in planes for over 9 hours. People were stuck inside of elevators for 9 hours. Pretty soon it was pitch black outside. The airport has no emergency lights, no food or water, and no heat. The employees eventually started handing out peanuts and pretzels from the airplanes. The only thing visible in the airport was the flashlights from peoples phones. I received a text from my mother saying my dad had gotten me a hotel and I needed to leave. I and my friend desperately wanted to stay in the airport to catch a flight as soon as possible but it wasn’t looking possible at all. We decided to go to the hotel. We were at the opposite side of the entrance so since the trams were not in service we had to walk 2 miles just to get out of the airport. This is when the chaos really happened. People were trying to navigate a dark airport. Handicapped people were being carried up escalators in their wheelchairs. As soon as we reached outside we knew we were in trouble. It was complete madness. You couldn’t even see what was in front of you because there were so many people. We had to take a specific bus to our hotel and we stood outside for over an hour waiting for a bus before we decided we were going to get on a bus, ride with it to its destination and then from there uber to our hotel. We arrived at our hotel baggage-less, cold, starving and scared at 9pm. My main concern was our baggage. Once we checked in we went downstairs to eat only to find out that it was a 2-hour wait. So we decided to go to target and get some essentials for the night and then order pizza. We got to bed around midnight but I was restless. I was so worried about how we were going to get to the conference and our luggage so the entire night I stayed up on Twitter to get updates on the airport. Thankfully one of our advisory board members was trapped in ATL too and was able to rent us a car for the next day. Just before midnight, the lights came back on in the airport but obviously they had lots to sort out. Then around 3:30am, they tweeted that the airport was open. So I woke my friend up at 4am to go to the airport to see if we could find information/retrieve our luggage. We found out that our luggage would be on the first flight to West Palm and we could retrieve it there. At 7am we headed to the rental car to drive 9 hours to West Palm Beach. We made it to West Palm around 5:30pm on December 18 and the conference was amazing the rest of the week.
Unfortunately I do not have any photos or videos of this experience because I stayed off my phone as much as possible to conserve battery, however, I will link some youtube videos/news stories below
by: Michelle Holton via Youtube
If you’re really into conspiracy theories, this next video by Studio News, is very interesting, highly recommend watching it! & there are a bunch of videos similar to this one on youtube!
This was easily one of the scariest experiences of my life. Officials have not ruled out terrorism. Do I think it was terrorism? Absolutely. The news stations were barely covering this story. It was hard to describe the chaos and madness that was happening inside of this airport that night but it was terrifying. 400 flights canceled and 30k+ people trapped in an airport with no information to what is going on. Will we ever truly know what happened? Probably not but after experiencing it, I 100% think it was terrorism. Although it was terrifying I’m glad I went through it. It was a great lesson. Being an adult is already hard but being an adult in a potential terrorist attack is 10x harder.
A question I get asked frequently is about the political podcasts I listen to. I spend a lot of time in a car, driving back and forth from school, so I spend lots of time listening to podcasts. Here are my top 5 favorite podcasts:
- The Ben Shapiro Show: I’m sure this podcast is number one on many conservatives list. Shapiro is such a well spoken, knowledgeable conservative so his podcast offers lots of insight into the national and local news.
- Constitutional: This is a series that explores the constitution and our Founding Fathers. This is a really good lesson about our Nations history-highly recommend
- Rush Limbaugh Morning Update: Perfect to listen to on the way to work or school. Rush is someone I highly look up to and if you’ve never listened to him on the radio you should because he is so smart and entertaining.
- Common Sense with Dan Carlin: Dan Carlin talks quite fast but it’s a good way to keep up with current issues going on around you. This podcast will also give you a good laugh.
- First Mondays: This is a podcast about the Supreme Court- really entertaining
Abortion has been a topic of conversation since the Supreme Court case Roe v Wade. This past semester I had the opportunity to take an American Constitutional Law class which I absolutely loved and I was eagerly waiting for the day that we got to debate Roe v Wade and the day finally came. Now normally before the days we debate we’re required to read the case before and figure out if we were the majority or the dissent. Now keep in mind I do attend a pretty liberal state university. However, before the Roe v Wade debate we were required to do a couple extra readings. I wish I could link the readings but I unfortunately have no way of finding out what they were now that the semester is over and I don’t have access to the syllabus anymore. I was absolutely surprised at how manipulating and brainwashing these articles were, which I’m not sure why I was surprised because I go to a predominately liberal university. The article that I remember the best is one that discussed how life should not be based on a heartbeat but rather the quality of your brain stem, because your brain stem is what gives you your ability to function and your personality. Then the example the article gave was 2 babies were born, one had a heart defect and wouldn’t survive without a transplant and the other baby had severe damage to his/her brain stem. The doctors wanted to take the healthy heart from the baby with the damaged brain stem and give it to the baby with the heart defect because they said it would save the baby and they would only lose one baby instead of two. However doing so would be considered murder. This is why doctors playing God gets messy. So unfortunately both of the babies passed away. So basically you are not a human being unless and until you have a fully functioning brainstem. After I read this article I remember being so furious that I called my mom and ranted about how I had no case and I can’t debate it when these kids are being so brainwashed. Now lets be clear on something. Roe v Wade stated that abortion is a “right to privacy as stated in the Constitution” but actually the “right to privacy” is never mentioned in the U.S Constitution but the Supreme Court justices felt that “right to privacy” was a concept of “personal liberty” which is mentioned in the Constitution. However the justices completely ignore the “right to life.” But because the left ignores the science of life beginning at conception and the vital sign of life being a heartbeat they can get away with murdering babies.
Back to the classroom debate… I took my seat on the dissent side along with very few other people. It was no secret I am a conservative because my professor loved to call on me. Finally we got on the topic of how women should be able to choose what do with their bodies. One of my biggest pet peeves is this argument. I’m sorry ladies but a baby that has it’s own DNA and is a completely separate entity from you is not your body, it is simply just dependent on it’s mother. So I got called on and said just that. A girl directly across from me on the majority side kept disagreeing and arguing with me and she was getting no where because I was completely prepared to debate this topic while she wasn’t. Then my professor stopped us and said “What if we had artificial wombs” so basically you place the child in the artificial womb and it has no attachment to you whatsoever and it was like you were never even pregnant. That way the baby can still live and the mother can go on as if it didn’t happen. & The girl debating against me actually said no, and that women still have a right to choose. Now this is not my proudest moment but I actually called this girl a monster. I couldn’t believe that she would rather kill a baby than let it live. I was so sickened. Now it was a hypothetical situation and artificial wombs are not a thing but I still couldn’t believe it. After the debate was over I think the girl realized just how terrible she sounded and actually came up to me and apologized. Now did the debate change her stance on abortion? Probably not but did it make her think about what she was actually supporting? I think so.
As a society we have become so desensitized to murdering babies. We have no regard for human life. This is what is wrong with our society.
does this quote make you sick? “Birth control must lead ultimately to a cleaner race.”
or how about this one:
“The most merciful thing that a large family does to one of its infant members is to kill it.” Take a guess at who said these quotes. It was Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood.
I say all of this to spread awareness. How brainwashed our society is and how Planned Parenthood spends millions brainwashing our society. Abortion is murder. Don’t believe me? Maybe a partial birth abortion procedure might open your eyes:
- Abortionist pulls everything out, except the head, by its legs
- Then the abortionist stabs the skull and sucks the brain out, which makes the skull collapse so it’s easy for the head to slide out.
(I got this information from abortionfacts.com)
Wake up America!! How are we supposed to make America great again when we are murdering innocent babies?!
*If I find the articles I read for my American Constitutional Class I will be sure to update this post and link them!
James Comey is the former FBI Director who was released of his duties on May 9 of this year (2017).
He had a hearing in front of the Senate Intelligence Committee basically surrounding the speculation of Russian interference in the 2016 election.
Basically this is all you need to know.
- He confirmed that there was no investigation on President Trump and his actions.
- Comey stated he wrote memos of President Trumps conversation. He claimed he did this because he didn’t want the president to lie.
- He then claimed that he sent the memo to a friend and the friend leaked the memo
- Comey would not share information about Jeff Sessions & Russia
- Comey said he believed he was fired because of the Russia investigation
- In reference to #5, he also claimed he heard the president say so
- Comey admitted to AG Lynch asking him to call the Clinton email investigation a “matter” instead of “open criminal investigation.”
- MOST IMPORTANTLY Comey stated that Russia had no interference in the 2016 election.
Although theres much more to the hearing than the 8 statements listed above, I do think those are the most important ones.
So basically to summarize there is still NO proof to the Russia allegations but of course liberals will still convince citizens otherwise.
So basically the leftist narrative was destroyed
Wow, it has been months since I have made a blog post. The past few months have been the busiest months of my life. Between balancing school and different projects, I have barely had time to sit down and write. Fortunately, I am able to update my twitter daily so if you do not follow me on twitter I highly suggest you do (Brenna_Spencer).
Today we witnessed Donald Trump become The Most Powerful Man in the Free World. Donald Trump is now your President whether you like him or not. For me, today was a day of relief, hope and Making America Great Again. Easily one of the best days of my life. Our Founding Fathers wanted limited government, strong family values, low taxes and so much more. I believe Donald Trump can effectively bring our country back to what it was. I don’t expect him to fix all of the problems at once but he is a positive step in the right direction. Donald Trump loves this country. Right now we live in a country where people use victimhood and political correctness to take control and repress beliefs they disagree with. A country where our nation’s history takes the back burner in our school systems, in the words of Ben Carson, “If we don’t know our true national history, we won’t be able to recognize the way in which America is drifting.” A nation where freeloaders became more important than taxpayers. A nation where wanting to keep the money you worked so hard for is considered selfish. I could go on and on but I won’t. Instead, I’ll leave it at this, you can hate Donald Trump as much as you want and you can say that he is not your president, but having a divided nation is not going to solve any of the problems. You can sit and protest and riot but it does nothing but destroy your own cities. Let’s come together as a Country and work to Make America Great Again.
If you didn’t get the opportunity to listen to Donald Trump’s inauguration speech you definitely should. It was phenomenal.
It takes a lot to get me fired up and let me say that I am fired up. Three more police officers killed. Three more men who protect their community murdered. This will be the fourth high-profile deadly encounter involving police officers in the past 2 weeks. Out of the encounters 12 people are left dead, and you guessed it, 8 of them were police officers. Over half of those deadly killings were police officers. That should make you sick to your stomach.
The man who fatally killed these 3 officers and injured others was Gavin Long. Now I’ll give you some information that the media will probably leave out. First, Long has many youtube videos, and may I say they are very controversial. In one video Long is DEFENDING the attacker who killed the 5 policer officers in Dallas. He says “It’s justice, you know what I’m saying?” murdering innocent people who are protecting you community is NOT justice. Murdering men who put their lives on the line every single day is NOT justice. This man was also a Nation of Islam member. This man was reportedly a member of the sovereign citizens movement, which is a movement that believes that they gets to choose which laws to obey and ignore. In some cases the members act out in violence. This man had such hatred in his heart. This man took the lives of three innocent men.
You’re going to murder police officers. Pretty soon there will be no one defneding and protecting your communities because no one wants to risk being ambushed and killed just because they are a police officer! Wake up America! This hate for law enforcement has to stop. These men and women put on a uniform for YOU not for themselves! They do it to protect the people and community that they love. These three men who died continued to put their uniform on even after five police officers were murdered days before just for being police officers. You should be ashamed of yourself if you’re protesting against police officers.
Long stood up for the black community. He had such obvious passion for the black community, according to his youtube videos, but he had a hatred for law enfourcement. So much so that he murdered 3 police officers. One of the victims was a black man, Montrell Jackson, who most definitely didn’t deserve to die. Long had spoken about Alton Sterlings death and “fighting back” but in the process he killed a black man. In his videos he constantly used the phrase “You gotta fight back” and he even said that “zero have been successful just over simple protesting.” Well I guess his definiton of successful is murdering police officers.
But to honor the fallen police officers I would like to say. Thank you for you’re dedicated service to your communities. Thank you for serving even when protests were formed against you. Thank you for putting your life on the line every night. Thank you for your bravery and courage.
Rest in Peace, Michael Smith, Michael Krol, Patrick Zamarippa, Brent Thompson, Lorne Ahrens, Montrell Jackson, Matthew Gerald and Brad Garafola. And I pray for your families.
Being a female conservative definitely has its perks but it’s not easy. I am outnumbered greatly at my college campus and my job, but here are just a few reasons why I’m a conservative
- I believe in capitalism. The United States was founded as a capitalist nation. Capitalism is freedom. According to Phil Valentine “Anyone who is anticapitalist is, by definition, anti-American. One cannot be simultaneously free and dependent on the government”
- I believe in God.
- I believe in the American dream. Living a well-off life because of hard work. Being able to be successful because of working hard. Take it from Bill Cosby, when he was asked if had been lucky his response was “Yeah, the harder I work, the luckier I get”
- I believe that entrepreneurs deserve to keep every penny they make because they worked hard for it. I believe that entrepreneurs are the reason for the growing economy. They provide opportunities for other people as well as themselves.
- I believe in life. I believe that life starts at conception. I believe that abortion is murder. I believe that EVERYONE’s life is valuable.
- I believe in the Second Amendment. I believe that guns save lives. An armed zone is a safe zone.
- I believe that political correctness is ruining this country. According to Dr. Ben Carson “Political Correctness has thrown a veil of silence over our important discussions.” or “It’s time to grow up and start thinking about what you can fo to contribute to society’s well-being instead of choosing to be a victim of speech..”
- I believe that every American should know America’s history, without it, you won’t be able to recognize the way this country is straying away.
- I believe in immigration, but not illegal immigration. Illegal immigrants take advantage of our jobs, healthcare, education and so much more.
- I believe in the military and war. The military is what protects this country. War is what gave us freedom.
- I believe that things aren’t’ “free” someone is paying for it, WE are paying for it through taxes.
- I believe in a fair tax rate. I think the Founding Fathers would be appalled with how greedy this country is. “What if the top 10 percent of wage earners were no longer there? Two-thirds of the tax revenue would cease to exist.” -Phil Valentine
- I believe that government should be extremely limited. We have allowed the government to become so big that it has taken control of all our lives. The government gets to tell us where we can and can’t pray, the government has even banned Christmas Trees from some public buildings all because of a false statement “the separation of church and state” which isn’t even in the Constitution! The government has found ways to control every aspect of our lives, even if it’s based on lies.
- I believe that health care should remain privatized
- I believe in the Constitution