Told myself I wasn’t going to address the women’s march because (1.) It doesn’t need any more attention and (2.) there are SO many articles already out there about it but I decided to share my views, so here goes…
Playing the victim. That is the first thing that comes to mind when I think about the woman’s march. Please don’t call this the “woman’s” march because you do not speak for most women. This march only caused a division between women, nothing else. Tell me what right you don’t have here in America.
This march wasn’t specifically for women’s rights, it was for abortion rights. Women who were pro-life were not allowed to march but men were…
Your right to your body: A baby is NOT your body, you are NOT entitled to birth control, if you don’t want to have a baby I suggest you don’t have sex. You want healthcare benefits but you don’t want to pay for them. You can dress up as a vagina all day long but it’s doing you no good.
Rape, Sexual Harassment, Sexual assault etc. Now rape and sexual assault etc is HORRIBLE and is definitely a problem but let me start out by saying most feminists voted for a woman whose husband sexually assaulted multiple women and then his wife buried all the victims. One of the leaders of the Women’s March is pro-sharia law, yet she doesn’t speak about her religion that oppresses and abuses women.
Equal Pay: All I’m going to say about this is you get equal pay for equal work.
A lot, if not most, of the women who participated in the march had no idea what they were marching for, they just wanted to play the victim. I am all for women’s rights, but I am not all for playing the victim.
We ARE equal, don’t let the media tell you any differently.
For all you modern day feminists out there I would like to speak my mind about some things to you. Now, a lot of modern feminists LOVE Hillary Clinton, some don’t, but I have seen so much support for Hillary from feminists. I am utterly confused on how you can support a woman who doesn’t stand or support the same thing modern feminists do. I know that feminists are passionate about rape culture so it just surprises me that you would support a woman who freed a rapist. This isn’t news but in 1975 Clinton DEFENDED and FREED a rapist. A man who had raped a 12-year-old girl. A man who should have been sentenced to life got off with 1 year in the county jail and 4 years probation. But of course when this was leaked Clinton was quick to defend herself by saying that she asked to be taken off the case, but she wasn’t allowed so she decided that she had “professional duty to represent my client to the best of my ability.” I don’t know about you but everything that comes out of Clinton’s mouth seem’s to be a lie and that definitely could be one as well. This man faced 30 years to LIFE in prison but she obviously represented him pretty well to only get him one year in county prison.
Also if Hillary Clinton is such a powerful, strong woman you would think she wouldn’t stay with a man who has multiple accusations of sexual assault and repeatedly cheated on her. Hillary Clinton contradicts her whole campaign by staying with a perverted, cheating, lying man. You want a woman in office who defended a rapist and chooses a life partner that has many sexual assault allegations and affairs!? You want a woman that knows about all these allegations and affairs and does nothing about it?! #ImWithHer, yeah you’re with a WEAK, LYING, MANIPULATIVE woman who doesn’t give a damn about what you care about. You want a woman to lead this country whose husband was partially IMPEACHED because of his affairs with Monica Lewinsky. How dare you call yourselves feminist and fighters for women’s rights when you want a woman like that running this country. Are you supporting the Clintons because you like what they stand for or are you supporting them only because she is a woman?
Feminism is about equal opportunity for men and women, gender equality is not about hating men, free birth control, not shaving, freeing the nipple, abortions, playing the victim etc.
- Free the nipple & public nudity.. this is not going to help your social change for women’s rights, nor is this going to earn any respect. Your concern should not be about breasts, it should be on more important topics such as education, health care, etc. You are not making a life changing statement by having your breasts hang out, in fact, you’re probably doing the exact opposite.
- The apparent “wage gap”… it’s called unequal work. I’m just going to leave that there
- Free birth control… Now this one really gets under my skin. It is not the governments job to prevent you from getting pregnant. It is definitely not my job to pay for your birth control so you won’t get pregnant. If you can’t pay for your own birth control then you shouldn’t be having sex! I would like to keep my money. I need my money and I don’t need to spend my money on your birth control because you can’t take responsibility for your own actions. For those of you who say “I need it for medical reasons, not to prevent pregnancy.” That is what health insurance is for.
- If you want complete equal rights so badly then I guess you can sign up for the draft (: but according to Hillary Clinton women are the “primary victims of war”
- Holding the door is sexist.. yes, you heard that right. Some feminist believe that men holding the door for women is sexist. While you think it’s sexist, I think it’s respectful. It’s not that women aren’t capable of holding their own door it’s just a respectful gesture. The whole idea is for men to show that they are treating women with RESPECT.
- Feminist hate “slut shaming” and that’s all fine and dandy but you’re walking around topless… hmm.
- The solution for sexual assault is NOT walking around naked.. Of course, women should never be blamed for being sexually assaulted but the biggest part of your movement for rape culture is getting naked.. If you want to make changes your going to have to do way more than taking off your clothes..
- Men and Women were made differently. Women are better at some things than men and men are better at some things than women. Men are naturally more physically stronger than women. That is just a fact. Hence why you would never see a professional male UFC fighter fight a professional female UFC fighter.
- Free-Bleeding.. If you don’t know what that is, it is where women choose to not use feminine products when they are on their period. You shouldn’t be ashamed of being a female and having a period but having blood flow out of you freely is very bad hygiene and is not sanitary. Just because women have a period and men don’t doesn’t mean we should just let it run freely.
- Feminism is a hate movement. It is about hating men. Instead of focusing on equal rights you focus on hating men
- Not shaving.. Do you think you’re making a social change by not shaving…
- Hillary Clinton is a public figure for women’s rights yet she allegedly fought for a rapist in 1975
- Modern feminism has completely changed what feminism is actually about.
- Gender equality is NOT about walking around naked or abortions.